Member Profile: Velvet Ice Cream
The Conway Center for Family Business provides educational, networking and professional development opportunities to many of the leading family businesses and experts service those businesses in Central Ohio. Velvet Ice Cream has been a Conway Center member for more than ten years, and relies on the Center as a great resource for networking with other family business leaders who understand the unique challenges and issues facing family businesses.
Since 1914, four generations of the Dager family have worked together to contribute to the growth, success, and sustainability of Velvet Ice Cream, and today is no different. Third-generation family member Joe serves as chairman and his daughters run day-to-day operations with the goal of carrying on their grandfather’s dream.
Hear from the Dager family about Velvet Ice Cream, the family commitment to the American dream, and how Conway Center is a valuable resource in helping achieve and sustain their goals.
Conway Members Represent Diverse Industries, Sizes
Conway members range in size a few dozen employees serving Central Ohio, to those with thousands of employees and customers around the world. All have access to family business resources and professionals experienced in assisting family-owned businesses.
The Center offers two types of memberships: Family Business Membership is for businesses in which the family expects to retain management and/or control of the business, two or more family members work in the company, and the family has controlling interest in the firm; and Service Provider Membership for companies or individuals that have a specific expertise in serving family businesses.
How the Conway Center Helps Members
Over the years, we have found that family businesses with one or more of the following goals are best served by membership with the Center:
- Intends for the family to retain ownership of the business
- Interested in building a legacy for future generations
- Desires to plan for the future
- Open to considering new ideas
- Committed to developing a succession plan
- Desires to seek solutions to problems
- Likely to seek outside resources to address a challenge
- Willing to devote time to address business challenges and family issues
- Benefits from networking with other family business leaders
- Interested in selling the family-owned business