The Conway Center for Family Business Awards Program is the highlight of the Center's annual calendar of events. Our Awards program annually recognizes family businesses that have:
- Successfully transferred the leadership of the company from one generation to the next
- Found a unique solution to a complex business problem
- Made a contribution to our community
- Gone above and beyond the call of duty to help an employee, customer or vendor
The 15th annual awards are scheduled for November 1, 2013.
More than 100 companies have been honored during the past 14 years and represent many of Central Ohio's finest family-owned businesses.
During the 2012 awards program, 20 local businesses were honored in six categories:
Communication - Family businesses that have developed effective communication within their family business or with family members regarding the business.
- Ahlum & Arbor Tree Preservation (Headquarters- Hilliard)
Community Engagement - Family businesses that have made a significant contribution to the Central Ohio community.
- Brexton (Headquarters - Columbus)
- Team Buckeye - Nissan-Honda-Toyota (Main Office - Lancaster)
- Donatos Pizza (Headquarters - Columbus)
- White Castle System, Inc. (Headquarters- Columbus)
Milestone Achievements - Family businesses that have reached a significant milestone during 2012.
- 100 year anniversary - A.D. Farrow Co. Harley-Davidson (Columbus)
- 60 year anniversary - Anthony-Thomas Candy Company (Columbus)
- 40 year anniversary - TriAd Marketing & Media (Westerville)
- 35 year anniversary - Gioffre Companies, Inc. (Dublin)
- 30 year anniversary - Laser Reproductions (Gahanna)
- 25 year anniversary - Spartan Logistics (Columbus)
- 20 year anniversary - Safex, Inc. (Westerville)
Re-Invention - Family businesses that have successfully adjusted their business strategy to address the changing business and societal demands.
- Dublin Cleaners (Columbus)
- Three-C Body Shops, Inc. (Columbus)
Succession Planning - Family businesses that have developed a succession plan or transferred leadership.
- Dublin Building Systems (Dublin)
- Katzinger's Delicatessen LLC (Columbus)
- Lincoln Construction (Columbus)
- Ricart Automotive, Inc. (Columbus)
Support - Organizations or individuals that have shown support or demonstrated a commitment to strength, success or longevity of a family firm.
- Mary Lynn Foster - Charles Penzone Salons (Main Office- Powell)
- The Joseph Group (Columbus)
- James R. Conway and his family
The 2012 Family Business Awards Program were sponsored by:
Family Business Awards
November 1, 2013 — 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
15th Annual Family Business Awards Program
Learn more →