Family Business Hall of Fame Profile: Velvet Ice Cream
Conway Members Represent Diverse Industries, Sizes
Conway members range in size from a two-person shop serving Central Ohio to those with thousands of employees and customers around the world. All have access to family business resources and professionals experienced in assisting family-owned businesses.
The Center offers two types of memberships: Family Business Membership is for businesses in which the family expects to retain management and/or control of the business, two or more family members work in the company, and the family has controlling interest in the firm; and Service Provider Membership for companies or individuals that have a specific expertise in serving family businesses.
How the Conway Center Helps Members
Over the years, we have found that family businesses with one or more of the following goals are best served by membership with the Center:
- Intends for the family to retain ownership of the business
- Interested in building a legacy for future generations
- Desires to plan for the future
- Open to considering new ideas
- Committed to developing a succession plan
- Desires to seek solutions to problems
- Likely to seek outside resources to address a challenge
- Willing to devote time to address business challenges and family issues
- Benefits from networking with other family business leaders
- Interested in selling the family-owned business