Family Business Awards and Expo
November 7, 2014
Aladdin Shrine Center, 3850 Stelzer Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43219
Luncheon 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Expo 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The definition of success is to achieve, advance, thrive, prosper or grow. Are you or do you know of a family business that deserves to be recognized for a significant accomplishment during a year full of challenges?
The Conway Center for Family Business Awards Program annually recognizes family businesses that have:
- Successfully transferred the leadership of the company from one generation to the next
- Found a unique solution to a complex business problem
- Made a contribution to our community
- Gone above and beyond the call of duty to help an employee, customer or vendor
More than 100 companies have been honored during the past 16 years and represent many of Central Ohio's finest family-owned businesses.
Award Categories and Descriptions
The Conway Center for Family Business Awards Program was established in 1999 to recognize excellence in family business.
Beginning with the 2009 awards, the program honors recipients in categories consistent with the success and longevity of a family business: leadership, planning, communication, support and community service. These include:
- Community Engagement: for family businesses that have made a significant contribution to the Central Ohio community.
- Communication: recognizes family businesses that have developed tools or strategies for effective communication within their company or with their family members regarding the business.
- Family Business of the Year: recognizes family businesses that have made a significant contribution to their industry or the Central Ohio business community.
- Lifetime Achievement: recognizes family business leaders who have made a significant contribution to their industry or the Central Ohio business community.
- Milestone Achievement: recognizes family businesses that have reached a significant milestone during the award year (longevity, business or other significant achievement).
- Re-Invention: recognizes family businesses that have successfully adjusted their business strategy or focus to address a changing business climate or societal demands.
- Succession Planning/Implementation: recognizes family businesses that have developed or completed a succession plan or a transfer of leadership.
- Supporter of Family Business: recognizes organizations or individuals that have shown support or demonstrated a commitment to the strength, success or longevity of a family firm.
To nominate a family business for an award, click on the link on the right side of this page and complete the nomination form.
Family Business Expo
Conway Center Family Business and Service Provider members are invited to take advantage of this outstanding business development opportunity. The Family Business Expo is a great way to showcase your business, products or services to more than 400 family business leaders and advisors who will attend the Awards Program.
- Expo display tables may be reserved for just $150 prior to September 12, 2014
(Tables will cost $175 after that date)
- Final registration date is October 24, 2014
- Table reservations include two Awards Luncheon tickets
To reserve your place, please request a Registration Form from Jill Hofmans, then submit the completed form along with your registration fee to: Conway Center for Family Business, 1216 Sunbury Road, Columbus, OH 43219. To request more information, please contact Jill Hofmans or 614-253-4820.
The 2014 Family Business Awards Program is sponsored by: