Join us November 14, 2018.
The definition of success is to achieve, advance, thrive, prosper or grow. Are you or do you know of a family business that deserves to be recognized for a significant accomplishment during a year full of challenges?
The Conway Center for Family Business Awards Program annually recognizes family businesses that have:
- Successfully transferred the leadership of the company from one generation to the next
- Found a unique solution to a complex business problem
- Made a contribution to our community
- Gone above and beyond the call of duty to help an employee, customer or vendor
More than 200 companies have been honored during the past 18 years and represent many of Central Ohio’s finest family-owned businesses.
Award Categories and Descriptions
The Conway Center for Family Business Awards Program was established in 1998 to recognize excellence in family business.
Beginning with the 2009 awards, the program honors recipients in categories consistent with the success and longevity of a family business: leadership, planning, communication, support and community service. These include:
- Community Engagement: for family businesses that have made a significant contribution to the Central Ohio community.
- Communication: recognizes family businesses that have developed tools or strategies for effective communication within their company or with their family members regarding the business.
- Family Business of the Year: recognizes family businesses that have made a significant contribution to their industry or the Central Ohio business community.
- Legacy: recognizes a family business, whose owners support other family businesses by including the Conway Center for Family Business in their estate plan.
- Lifetime Achievement: recognizes family business leaders who have made a significant contribution to their industry or the Central Ohio business community.
- Milestone Achievement: recognizes family businesses that have reached a significant milestone during the award year (longevity, business or other significant achievement).
- Re-Invention: recognizes family businesses that have successfully adjusted their business strategy or focus to address a changing business climate or societal demands.
- Succession Planning/Implementation: recognizes family businesses that have developed or completed a succession plan or a transfer of leadership.
- Support of Family Business: recognizes organizations or individuals that have shown support or demonstrated a commitment to the strength, success or longevity of a family firm.
To nominate a family business for our 2018 Awards program, click here to complete the nomination form. Nominations are accepted year-round.
Family Business Expo
Conway Center Family Business and Service Provider members are invited to take advantage of this outstanding business development opportunity. The Family Business Expo is a great way to showcase your business, products or services to more than 500 family business leaders and advisers who attend the Awards Program.
To request more information about the Expo please contact Amy Dotts at firstname.lastname@example.org.