The Conway Center for Family Business and more than 500 business leaders are set to honor leading Central Ohio family businesses at the 21st Annual Family Business Awards Program from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 13 at the Hilton Columbus in Easton Town Center, 3900 Chagrin Drive, Columbus, Ohio.
In addition, luncheon guests and more than 50 family businesses and advisers will network and showcase products and services at the Family Business Expo from 10 a.m. to noon, before the annual awards program.
The Family Business Awards Program was established in 1999 to recognize excellence in family business and has honored over 250 Central Ohio family businesses in the last 21 years. The 2019 awards program will recognize 27 Central Ohio businesses in eight categories. Angela An, Channel 10 morning anchor, will emcee. This year’s honorees include:
Family Business of the Year
Howard Smith, Wilson Bohannan Lock Company
Outreach Promotional Solutions
Chris Ahlum, Ahlum & Arbor Tree Preservation
Watkins Printing Company
Andy Wasserstrom, Advance Sign Group
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream – Small Sized Company
- Gordon Flesch Company – Large Sized Company
- 10 years – C&A Benefits Group
- 20 years – Choice Property Resources
- 25 years – Advance Sign Group
- 25 years – Eclipse Corp
- 30 years – Jendco Safety Supply Inc,
- 30 years – IGS
- 35 years – Flood Heliarc
- 35 years – Air Force One
- 35 years – PATH
- 40 years – Mid Ohio Strategic Technologies
- 40 years – Warman Productions
- 40 years – Cashmans Horse Equipment
- 40 years – Suburban Steel Supply Co. LLC
- 50 years – Charles Penzone Incorporated
- 65 years – DaNite Sign Company
- 70 years – Kirk Williams Co.
- 100 years – Harrop Industries
- 100 years – Lynd Fruit Farm
- 100 years – The Fred D. Pfening Company
- 115 years – Stolly Insurance
The Family Business Awards Program is made possible through the generous support of Dispatch Media Group, First Merchants Bank, Gryphon Financial Partners, Ricart Automotive, Rider + Reinke Financial Group, and Taft/.